Sunday, July 5, 2009

Eat your greens


Every Sunday I go grocery shopping with Morgan. I remember hearing that you should only buy food from the outter perimeter of the grocery store. Everything in the middle is over processed, chemical, JUNK. So I *try* to stick to the outter perimeter. You know, fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, whole grains. Today I got sprouts! Spouts are an amazing SUPER FOOD! To find out more about sprouts and where I get mine from click here.
Today I made a sunflower sprout salad.
I start with olive oil in the bowl I will be eating out of. Then I squirt a bit of lemon juice and mix them together. I add a bit of salt and fresh ground peppercorn pepper. I then cut up some tomato and cucumber and add the sprouts and mix it all together. EASY and YUMMY! Oh and good for you too!

I like to wash it all down with a greens+ drink. Greens+ is a powder with lots of awesome ingredients in it. My favorite magical ingredient is spirulina. I feel such an energy BOOST when I drink it. I simply mix the greens+ powder with orange juice. Yes, once blended it is green, but that's okay! It is so GOOD!


Okay, now I'm off to eat a donut! LOL!!!! Come on, I can't be healthy ALL THE TIME!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You deserve the donut!! Hey how is the condo hunting going?

aliceinparis said...

Yum, love sprouts! Sounds similar to a Greek style salad I make. tomatoes, cukes, olive oil, splash of Balsamic vinegar and crumbled feta. I bet sprouts would be delish in it too.
Greens + is something I seem to go on and off of. I make mine in a jar and shake it up good:)Easiest way to mix it I think.
Yay, I got my wee package! Love it:)) Thanks:))
Cheers, Shelagh

Jill said...

The salad looks yummy but whenever I eat sprouts I always feel like something is going to start growing in my stomach! I'll have to look for that Greens+ powder! I'm trying to eat healthier, especially after this weekend! ~ Jill

Carolee said...

Too funny! Your salad look delicious, but I'm not so sure about the green drink, hehe...

~ Carolee

M.E. Greene said...

I am an avid fan of green drinks, as well, and especially green smoothies! My favorite is a big handful of baby spinach blended with cold water until it's all liquified. Then I add three ripe bananas and a bunch of frozen fruit (like raspberries, blackberries, strawberries). Yummy! Also, I am a HUGE fan of sunflower sprouts. My favorite is a wrap in romaine lettuce with raw almond hummus, greek olives, carrot sticks, baby tomatoes and the sunflower greens. Also... here is a recipe I think is fabulous on my old healthy raw food blog: http://peacenplenty.blogspot.com/2007/01/sunflower-basil-salad.html

GlorV1 said...

I love the look of that salad and I think I will look around for "green" drinks.

GlorV1 said...

So I checked around for Spirulina and where would you recommend buying it? I like the idea that you get the B12 in it, instead of taking a vitamin. Please let me know when you have time, thank you.

Kaili Ittensohn said...

All this healthy food makes me feel like a fresh donut! Mmmm...

Willnnabel said...

Thank Goodness, I was thinking you might be too "good". The salad sounds yummy. My fav dressing to make is balsamic vinager, olive oil and some dijon mustard, very tangy and good.

Niki said...

Hi Tascha, have you tried green monster smoothies? You can find out all about them here: http://greenmonstermovement.com/

They are really yummy and full of goodness.

Niki
xxx