Monday, December 16, 2013

drawing on paper mache boxes



I have been having fun lately painting and drawing on paper mache boxes. You can find them in most craft stores. Previously I have completely covered the box in gesso and then painted it as I would a canvas. Here is an example of a box I painted with Frida on it:



I thought I would try something out of my comfort zone and try drawing on the box in an illustrative way using just ink:



I was *going* to leave it as is, just an ink drawing....but I couldn't resist adding to it. I pulled in the reins as best I could and just added some black ink for her top, and red for the roses. I painted the background white and added a crackle finish with an antique wash. I am happy with the results:



Cheers!
xoxo

4 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

I love both styles that you do.
Just lovely.
:)

Shirley Hudson - Hudson's Holidays said...

I just love this...you are the greatest Tascha. I wanted to let you know I also loved and learned a great deal from your drawing class....I very highly recommend it to everyone!
Cheers to you!
Shirley

Janine said...

Dear Tascha,
I hope you are doing well. Love to see your inspiering art again.I wish you and your Family a very merry Christmas time

MiKa Art said...

Hi Tascha,
I hope your place is not affected by the ice storm.
Merry Christmas!
MiKa